International conference at SKUAST-K demonstrates global participation; panelists choose the best papers [details]
An international conference on “Statistics Applied to Biological, Agricultural, Social and Medical Sciences” was held at J&K Faculty of Fisheries in Ganderbal, SKUAST-K earlier this week, which saw encouraging participation from researchers and d academics around the world. More than 150 researchers participated in the conference, during which nearly 50 academics presented their papers on the virtual platform.
According to the official statement, 48 academics shared their findings in various technical sessions held during the two-day conference. On the first day of the event, two technical sessions were held, followed by two further technical sessions on the second day.
On the first day of the conference, Prof. TR Padi, Dean, FoMS, University of Pondicherry, Dr Farhat Umar and Prof. DS Hooda gave guest speeches. Prof. TR Padi chaired the session during which Prof. Aquil Ahmad, Head of Statistics Department and OR, AMU. Aligarh and Hemant Kumar Lohia (IPS) were the keynote speakers for the second technical session.
On the second day, Professor Massarat Khan, Dean of the Faculty of Fisheries, SKUAST-K, chaired Technical Session-III in which Professor Rashmi Bhardwaj, FIMA (UK) and Dr Amatul Muhee, Associate Professor at FVSc. & AH SKUAST- K, delivered the guest lectures. The fourth technical session was chaired by Azmat Alam Khan, FVSc. & AH SKUAST-K, where Professor Hameed Naseem Rafiabadi, Dean of Social Sciences, CUK, was the keynote speaker. Rafiabadi delivered his speech on Morality and Ethics in Research.
Panelists choose the best research papers
At the conference, more than 80 research papers were submitted for review and they were rated on quality and presentations. The judges selected the best articles in mathematical, agricultural and related sciences and poster presentation.
Here are the winners:
In mathematical sciences
- Dr. Peer Bilal Ahmad: First Prize for Inflated Zero Modified Borel-Tanner Regression Model for Count Data
- Danish Dr. Faizan: Second prize for the mathematical programming approach for obtaining stratification points
- Jaspreet Kour Sudan: Second Prize for Inferential Estimation of Truncated Inverse Kumaraswamy Exponential Distribution Based on Fuzzy Data, Co-author, Parmil Kumar
- Dr. M. Iqbal Jeelani Bhat: Third Prize for the Prediction and Validation of Tree Volume by Statistical Modeling
In agricultural and related sciences
- Dr Najimaana Wani: First prize for molecular detection, virulence gene profiling and antibiogram of Clostridium perfringens isolated from fish and different sources of drinking water from the city of Srinagar, co-author, Shakeel Ahmad Wani, ZHMunshi , Syed Akram Hussain, Bilal Ahmad Bhat, MARather and Nusrat Navi
- Dr. Aiman Ashraf: Second prize for the prevalence and molecular characterization of Eimeria species in central Kashmir goats; Co-author, RAShahardar, ZAWani, IMAllaie and KHBulbul
- Asma Sultan: Third prize for ethnobotanical information of medicinal plants used by the natives of the forestry division of Sindh, Ganderbal, Jammu and Kashmir; Co-author, TH Masoodi and Bilal A.Bhat
In the poster presentation
- M. Dudekula F: First prize for Milt parameters of Schizothorax niger using different doses of ovapitin, Co-author, Gohar Bilal Wani, Bilal Ahmad Bhat and Darve Sabina Iqbal
- Lubna Altaf: second prize for the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on youth sports activities in Kashmir: a survey sample; Co-author, Bilkees Nazir, Insha Nazir, Bilal Ahmad Bhat, Afreen Niyaz and Nuzhat Jan
- Durdana Qazi: Third Prize for the Study on Legal Awareness of Female Students in the Kashmir Valley, co-author, Syed Zainab Jalali, Bilal Ahmad Bhat and Irfan Ahmad Khan
Guest Vice-Chancellor Prof. JP Sharma SKUAST J&K congratulated the team behind the event and spoke on the occasion.